You can simplify real estate by dividing it into two primary tasks; buying and selling. I personally enjoy both as each gives me a great feeling of accomplishment. It’s awesome to see the excitement from the buyer(s) when they find a new home and it’s equally satisfying to help a seller transact their real estate investment to serve the purposes of the sale.
For realtors, taking on a listing is not as easy as one might think. Understanding the needs of the selling client is preeminent. This allows us to provide the clients with the guidance they need to maximize their sale while navigating them through a time which for some can be a real challenge.
This becomes especially acute when you are balancing contingent offers. This is where a client needs to sell their current home in order to qualify to buy a new home. Contingent offers require a great deal of communication with a lot of different touch points. Seasoned Scottsdale realtors know that contingent offers require more work but when properly handled they can foster a great deal of appreciation, loyalty and repeat business from the client.
The number of reasons that a person may want to sell their home is practically innumerable. Often times it’s good news (new marriage, expanding family or a recent promotion) but sometimes you may be listing a home for someone already feeling the strain of bad news (divorce, loss of income or an unwanted job relocation). Regardless of the situation, the seller may be in, it becomes critical for the real estate professional to be on point with all of the critical executions that a listing needs.
Identifying the client’s goals is step one. It’s imperative that the realtor has a clear understanding of what the seller is looking to accomplish. By doing this first you can consult the seller on any inherent challenges with their sale. You can also educate them about the sales process and how they can best affect a quick sale for top dollar.
Selling Homes The Tru Way
At Tru Realty, we understand the great responsibility that comes with taking on a listing. Here are a few things we do to make certain that the selling experience is the very best one a client can have:
- Conduct a comprehensive client needs analysis
- Present client with a sales strategy that includes market analysis, presentation tips and a marketing plan
- Manage the client’s expectations to keep them properly engaged for the entire sales process
- Utilize professional photography for linear and digital marketing efforts
- Over-communicate … never assume the seller knows everything that is happening with their property
- Guide the seller on the current step and the next two steps in the sales process (this eliminates unneeded stress)
- Be a resource for anything and everything they may need
- Provide them with the right buyers (quality over quantity)
- Maximize the ability to show the property
- Follow up and follow through on every detail
Every one of our Scottsdale real estate agents is trained to guide their clients through the listing process in a way that makes this a positive and memorable experience. Tru Realty understands what it takes to excel at selling homes for our clients.
About the Author
Asher Cohen is in charge of the real estate agent training program at Tru Realty. He’s been listing Scottsdale homes for sale for years and is a very successful real estate agent because of it. If you think that a career in real estate is right for you, fill out the contact form below and we’ll be in touch!