At Tru Realty, we’re 100% committed to being successful, not only as a brokerage, but making each and every one of our agents successful as well. Our training is the foundation for our Phoenix real estate agent’s success and one of the core components of Tru’s training is time blocking.
For those agents who are executing full time, superior time management is a key component to a successful real estate career. When you think of all of the demands of being a full-time real estate agent (home showings, open houses, contract negotiations, property searches, sign calls, marketing, inspections and more) you can see how important time management is.
It’s More Than Just A Checklist
At Tru Realty, we utilize time blocking in order to stay organized and keep important tasks in front of you for execution. Time blocking simply means using a calendar interface (i.e. Gmail or outlook) and segmenting your time to accomplish all of the things you may be faced to do in a given day. This is far superior to simply having a “to-do” list. Time blocking gives you reminders and serves as a great way to archive tasks for review. This will assure that you get all of things that you need to get done in a timely manner. It also allows you to better plan out your day, week, month, quarter and year.
Time blocking guides your focus and eliminates distractions. Your mindset is a big player here. If you are concentrating on the task at hand you will notice that you will not be hampered with the many distractions that keep you from getting things done.
Pro Tip: When working on an important task I often times put my phone on silent or shut down my social media windows.
Here are some additional tips for solid time management techniques that make you a better real estate professional:
- PRIORITIZE – Make certain that your most important tasks are done first. Tackling your most important (and often times most difficult) tasks help you to achieve in a big way.
- REVIEW – Take 5 minutes at the end of each day to look at the next day and the week ahead. That way you are never caught off guard on an important task.
- CONFIRM – Be sure to confirm all appointments within 24 hours of them taking place. Morning appointments should be confirmed the prior afternoon and afternoon appointments can be confirmed the morning of.
- SPACE – Leave yourself some time in between tasks to handle things that may come up last minute or require more time than scheduled.
- COMMIT – The process of staying organized requires constant effort but it will benefit your clients, your family, your friends and most importantly, you.